Monday

A Reading Machine

Ok...I'm getting a great head start to the reading part of my bucket list.  With the snow that's been coming down, we had no reason to leave the house this weekend and I was able to finish my current book.

Here is what I've read so far in 2011:

I grabbed this one off the shelf at the Public Library. I don't know why the book has the rating that it does.  I didn't like it.  I would give it a 2/5.  It started out ok. It had a quirky idea and had the potential to go somewhere.  Somewhere part way through though it seemed to lose itself and become more disjointed.  Then the end came - and I hated it.  It made me wish I hadn't started the book in the first place.










Whenever I see my Aunt from out of province, she gives me a bag of books for my Mom and I to read before sending them to Goodwill.  This book was one of them. It was a quick, light beachy kind of read.  I'd rate it a 3/5.











This is the one that I finished this weekend.  I had actually seen the movie one night during random channel surfing.  It was the Hallmark movie of the week which is one of my guilty pleasures.  When I see a movie based on a book, I get the urge to read the book too.  I liked this book.  It is a slow moving, simple book that takes the reader back into WW2 times.  I give this one a 3.5 or 4 / 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment