Friday

Books of the Day

I am an avid reader.  I have stacks of upcoming books sitting by my bed at any given time.  I am heading to the library today to drop off my latest ones...


I had the opportunity to hear Hellen give a Keynote speech when I attended an APC Canada Conference a couple of years ago.  I really enjoyed her speech and she gave me a great idea on how to organize my monthly bills. I then adopted it and have been using it ever since.  For this book I really enjoyed the quiz that determines your learning style - it had my style bang on.  That being said, as it turns out I already do most of the things she was suggesting for my organzing style.  :)

Another book that I am returning to the library is



This one I flipped through quite quickly.   There were a few recipes that looked good but I couldn't imagine my kids actually eating some of this.  There are a lot of ingrediants here that currently aren't part of our everyday meals like couscous, eggplant, lamb etc.  I think I need to work up to this one.  On the other hand, my office mate Mrs. Smith who eats much healthier than we do got a gleam in her eye and jotted down the title of this one so she can check it out next.  :)


The 3rd of the 5 that I am dropping off today is



Mrs. Smith said this one was ok and enjoyed the case studies.  I also thought it was ok but I'm not at the point to take this one too seriously.  This book is for the person who is ready to take action and change the space they live in.  That's not me. 


The 4th book I am returning is



I am always on the lookout for ideas to improve my own space.  I didn't find that I got a lot of ideas from this book.  The style of most of the rooms here was way off my own style.  I can see how people with different tastes then me could really get into this book.  Which reminds me...I should tell my Mom about this one...

Finally, I am returning



Loved this book.  Earlier this week I made Frosted Banana bars and they were delicious!!  I have jotted down 3 other recipes from here to try soon (next will be mock apple squares).  I will be looking into getting this one again!!

1 comment:

  1. you need to do this book review thing more often, I enjoyed it and now have something new I want to read! YAY MELANIE!

    ReplyDelete