Thursday

Books of the Day

I am off to the library again today so I thought I'd share what I just finished...


Passive Aggressive Notes: Painfully Polite and Hilariously Hostile Writings
This book was hilarious and a quick read.  Both DH and I read it and laughed like crazy.  I'm sure we've all seen notes like this around the office or thought about writing them at home. 


Happy for No Reason: 7 Steps to Being Happy from the Inside Out
I have had a few people ask me why I am a happy person most of the time.  I've never had an answer for them.  I took out this book figuring it might give me some insight into that.  I take it as the greatest compliment in the world when someone says that I brighten their day by just being me.  :)   This book was both insightful and irritating.  She interviews 100 truly happy people and investigates what makes them happy people.  This book is insightful in that a lot of the reasons she gives for happiness are indeed things that I do automatically.   I also like the beginning underlying theory of what constitutes happiness levels.  Irritating - in that the book seemed like a shopping channel of excercises and techniques.  Once I began to ignore these and just read around them, I enjoyed the book.  :)   I also know a couple of truly happy people and they ARE a joy to be around.  I also know a couple of people who have such potential for happiness and yet they are stalled - THEY need this book.

The 7 O'Clock Bedtime: Early to bed, early to rise, makes a child healthy, playful, and wise

This book was recommended by my parenting group so I had to request it.  My daughter goes to bed at 7 and my son goes to bed at 730pm already but again, I wanted to know the reasons that they say that it's a good idea.   They quote a book that I used for both kids bedtime/sleep routines.  I found that I couldn't relate to this book except for the bedtimes.  :)  This book is written assuming that a parent stays home with their children and can follow the daily routine posted here.

Finally - one book that I own.

Love the One You're With
This one was a fast, fun, great read.  It's one of those "beach books" as I call them.  Not a lot of substance but addictive, light and fun.  :)  Highly recommended.

1 comment: