Friday

Oh Anne...

Another book under my belt.  I was cleaning out my closet last week and came across a bag with this inside.  I had forgotten that my mom had bought me this book during their cross Canada tour. 

I admit it here for all to see...I adore the movie Anne of Green Gables.  It is at the top of my movie lists most of the time.  I think I have seen the movie at least 20 times if not more.   I did enjoy the book Anne of Green Gables as well of course but I ADORED Megan Follow's portrayal of Anne.  When grouped with Colleen Dewhurst, Richard Farnsworth and Patricia Hamiliton it makes for the best movie ever.  Mrs Smith in my office would beg to differ.  Hailing from Nova Scotia she hates everything green gables and the mere mention of it sends her into the 'depths of despair.' 

I see you rolling your eyes out there.  You don't have to like Anne.  I do.  Did I mention that my daughter's middle name is Anne which may or may not be related to Anne Shirley.

I assumed that this book would be 'the most tragical thing that ever happened to me' but I was pleasantly surprised.  Yes - you have to suspend a little bit of reality but I am totally ok with that.  I finished this book in less than 48 hours and rather than add to my giveaway pile it's going to stay on my bookshelf.  This book isn't for everyone.  Die hard fans of the original book will likely find it a 'perfect graveyard of buried hopes' as it isn't dark enough but it's a fun story and an enjoyable read.  Easily a 9/10 for me.  Hee Hee.  

I enjoyed it so much that I am going to have to watch the movie again. Soon.  I know that this review did go on and on so thank you for bearing with me as I ranted and raved.  'If you only knew how many things that I want to say and don't you'd give me some credit.'

Currently reading "Charley's Web" by Joy Fielding and "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson.  Reviews coming eventually....

No comments:

Post a Comment