Thursday

Crickets

Well, frogs actually.

I have the bedroom window wide open and I can hear them. I love it. I loved hearing coyotes more as I went to sleep but there has been too much development around us since we've moved in and the coyotes have found other houses to howl at.

So now it's frogs. I feel like I'm camping or that my wildest fantasy has come true and I now own a lakefront cabin. Either way, I'm feeling pretty content in my alternate reality. 

Content enough to ignore my neighbor two doors down who keeps mooing like a cow. He has a fire pit, the smoke from which is being sucked into my bedroom adding to my camping virtual experience. I'm not sure why he's mooing though. Must be a country boy missing his home.

As for me, if I don't turn off this phone right away I'm going to miss my chance to fall asleep reading as I do each night and that would be a damn shame.

Goodnight loyal but tiny following. Goodnight stars, goodnight air... Goodnight noises everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment