Friday

Late night musings....

Sent to friends at 2:36am

I think I've mentioned my fireplace love before...numerous times. It
seems inevitable that this desire would return as I watch the frost
creep across all the windows this morning....   Our furnace chose this
evening to commit suicide so our beds are piled high with blankets and
I wonder at what point I will begin to see my breath .  Mentally I'm
either curled in front of my fireplace again or stretched out on my
lounge chair in peurto moreles waiting for my next margarita. I
eagerly look forward to stepping out of this toasty nest into our
frigid room 3 hours from now....it's not obvious is it?

I've mentally decided to volunteer to take the bus in tomorrow to give
McGyver a chance to go buy furnace parts quicker. It's not that i
doubt he can fix it himself . After 18 ish years together he's done
many things to make my jaw gape in wonderment: laid ceramic tile,
laminate, drywalled, installed a gas line, fixed our old furnace , our
stove last month , our dryer 2 years ago etc. I think it's more that I
come from a home where aside from faucets and toasters... Duct tape
fixes everything.  I marvel at people who can fix things but with an
air of disbelief that it can be done at all.

Hopefully the heater is on the bus. I do like to be warm.  Is 630am
too early to add warming baileys to my morning coffee? Hmmm... I think
it might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment