Thursday

Night Musings

sent to friends at 2:48am Dec 17

Awake again but not for work related reasons today....

The reason is too boring to dissect so let's cover random thoughts instead .

* Last night around 930pm I posted the photo of the kids wrapped in
Christmas lights, mouths covered in duct tape, back to back in front
of the tree, on Facebook. As of right now there are 21 likes on it.
This makes me smile.

* I finished the Steve jobs biography on Saturday. To sum it up - he
was a brilliant asshole. An interesting read. I then started reading
"Left Neglected" - a novel I had downloaded in April before our
vacation. I never read it then because I got sucked into the world of
walking dead comics.  Somehow it grew cyber dust which I blew off
Saturday night. I can't put this book down. I am at 30% already and
have whispered apologies to the book for ignoring it before.

* the boy asked me how much we paid in daycare each month and I added
it up and told him while throwing up in my mouth a little. I realized
that in 6-7 years from now there will be no daycare fees and no car
payment.  The thought makes me giggle like a school girl.

* the kids and I had fun this weekend... Visited Santa, decorated a
gingerbread house, played Xbox, played sorry, helped the girl go
Christmas shopping at the dollar store, took the girl for a sleigh
ride followed by some snow play, finished reading Willie wonka and the
choc factory with the boy, baked two kinds of cookies and
washed/folder 5 loads if laundry. The girl has a talent for folding
wash cloths / towels and the boy for matching/folding socks.

* this made me think about socks and I was about to launch a tirade
about single socks and my hatred of washing them... But I think I've
babbled enough.

Caffeine will be needed tomorrow...today....

1 comment: