Sunday

2011 - A Year in Review


I’ve been neglectful in updating the progress of my bucket list over the last few months.  To wrap up 2011 here’s what happened:

1.     Complete 30 Scrapbook Pages – FAIL.  I ended up getting 14 pages done.  I also made 2 calendars and a bunch of cards.
2.     Try one new Stamping technique – DONE
3.     Go through my scrapbook cabinets and purge – DONE
4.     Go through my scrapbook cabinets and inventory so I don’t buy things twice – DONE
5.     Move my butt three time a week for at least 20 minutes – FAIL.  I failed this one miserably.
6.     Toilet Train my daughter – DONE
7.     Do a Christmas Craft with the kids – DONE
8.     Blog at least 12 new recipes on the Recipe Blog – DONE
9.     Learn to knit – FAIL.  I had 2 lessons from Mom but I can’t honestly say that I learned anything from them.  LOL
10. Knit something recognizable. – FAIL
11. Get a manicure – FAIL.  This one was quite sad because I never did stop chewing my nails beyond that early success back in January.  Maybe this one should go on a life bucket list.
12. Make Valentine Sugar cookies – DONE
13. Go on a scrapbook retreat – DONE (I went to two of them – woot!)
14. Try some recipes from the “Big Cook” or something similar – FAIL
15. Re-Make the nativity scene that molded in the attic – originally made my Mom.  FAIL  I got the pattern from her and then shuddered in fear.
16. Pay down some debt-DONE
17. Read 35 books (combo of e-reader and real) – DONE  I quit counting around Aug /Sept but I think the final count probably sits around 50.
18. Figure out once and for all how to blur backgrounds in photographs-DONE.   I can’t say that I can do it consistently but I am getting faster at figuring it out.
19. Attend one play – FAIL….unless you count my son’s Christmas concert then DONE
20. Host a murder dinner – FAIL
21. Continue my journal from last year – DONE
22. Make at least 24 blog posts – DONE
23. Make it to 2005 in my scrapbooks – DONE
24. Keep the kids scrapbooks current – FAIL.  I am 6 months behind!
25. Take the kids to the library – DONE
26. Camp 3 times – DONE
27. Dance in the rain – DONE
28. Reconnect with at least one friend – DONE
29. Go to the farmer’s market – DONE
30. Visit the antique marketplace – DONE
31. Make my first apple pie – FAIL
So….that’s about 20/31?  Not great – but not bad overall.  Most disappointing would be the failure to  bake a pie.  LOL   My favorite was probably reading and dancing in the rain.  I could have tried harder to do this and if I do this again another year ( and I’m sure that I will) I expect that I will do even better. 

In July of 2011 I experienced a HUGE change at work.  I admit it, I am NOT good with change and it really threw me for a loop.  By December though I had most of my old self back and felt myself becoming more able to focus on my personal life & family again without my thoughts constantly shifting to work.

For 2012 I have a new plan…one that I hope to share later today or perhaps tomorrow.  I have already begun and can’t wait to talk about it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment