Tuesday

San Francisco - Day 3

17436 steps yesterday - 12.03 KM
Yesterday was around 16000 steps.  Good thing I like my shoes.

Yesterday I hopped the cable car and headed down to Union Square for some shopping.  Without DH there to reign me in I had full control of the VISA.  Mwa hah hah!!

So...Old Navy, Macy's, Forever 21 and the Container Store came first.  I say came first...but these 4 stores actually took 3 hours.  LOL  Macy's is really big!!  Did some shopping for the kids, bought a pair of jeans, a shirt and some PJs.

I stopped for a breakfast...umm...brunch....ummm...snack mid morning at Starbucks.  I found a quiet table, read my Kindle and people watched around Union Square.  While I was there I spotted the alternate Melanie.  She appeared to be single - don't ask me why - she just did.  She chatted confidently on the phone while waiting for some complicated drink.  Leaving Starbucks she stopped at the flower stand and bought a bouquet of wildflowers for her small (but with a great view) apartment where she planned to spend the day making oddly shaped appies for her friends who are stopping by after work.  She planned to squeeze in a couple hours of writing for her latest novel.

Anyway...

Came back to the hotel, had a nap and then headed to Pier 33 where we took the Alcatraz tour.
Riding the ferry was fun - we rode up front where we'd catch the occasional spray.

someone from the second level even came down to warn us that we were in the spray zone.  LOL...

There turned out to be very little spray and by the time we reached the island the deck that we were on had gone from 4 people on it to about 30.

Again most of the pictures of the tour are on the camera and I'm not downloading anything but phone photos until I am home.  The tour hadn't changed much since i was last in San Francisco back in 1997. The most remarkable change was that we no longer had to carry around walkman's.  Everyone now gets a little MP3-like player  to carry around.




Got some great views of San Francisco and the Golden Gate bridge at sunset.











Once we returned to Pier 33 we walked back toward out hotel and stopped at Cioppino's for supper.


I had the Margherita pizza and it was FABULOUS - so fresh tasting. 

Jay had the ravioli and it was also to die for.

The service was fast and attentive and it wasn't too crowded.  Would highly recommend this place for a casual Italian meal.




No comments:

Post a Comment