Wednesday

Camp Croppin' 2011

Have you heard about Camp Croppin?  It's a (mostly) yearly event that takes place in Calgary.  It's a fun, action-filled scrapbook weekend!

If you've come from my private blog, you know that scrapbook retreats are one of my favorite things so I am so excited to be going this year again after not having gone to this one in over 5 years.  

I didn't really plan on going for sure...  I was thinking about it and had sent the link to my scrappy-minded friends.  None of them jumped right in and said "Let's Go!" but it was a long time before registration so it didn't matter.  Then - out of the blue one night, a scrappy acquaintance sent me a message directly asking if I wanted to go.  Commitment happy I dove in with both feet and said yes.  I don't know my soon-to-be-roomie very well at all but she is enthusiastic about scrapbooking and that's all that counts.  I'm sure we will have a great time!

I have been to Camp Croppin 3 or 4 times before.  Is it sad that I've been to so many retreats that I don't remember for sure?  Some things that stood out about this one are: Sooo much energy and excitement - the girls putting it on are superb at that!  Lots of activities, contests, make n takes and draws going on.  Great classes with great product from great companies.  I remember one year a class coming out with a stack of patterned paper from the company!  The door prizes were plentiful and some of them were beyond belief.  Better yet - one of the best scrapbook stores I've shopped in is across the street. The only downside that I saw to the event was the lack of scrapbooking space.   This year - they've improved that! By only allowing 200 registrations - there are fewer people to a table and more space to work.

Looking forward to seeing how things have changed this year after being away from this event for so many years.  I'm also looking forward to seeing what my roomie thinks about it all  This is her first time!   I am hoping that my favorite parts of the weekend are still there.

If you are near Calgary or want a road trip, here is where you can find more info:
http://www.scrapbookersparadise.com/camp/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Camp-Croppin-2011/154330164619482


Don't delay though - registration is next Tuesday!!

Want to find out more about the store and learn some techniques?  Their blog is right here:
www.scrapbookersparadise.blogspot.com

1 comment: