Tuesday

A few more books off the list...

I liked this book.  It was small like a pocket book and had tons of great colorful pictures.  I don't think we ever grow out of wanting pictures in our books!  I liked this book because I found myself nodding my head to about 1/3 of the book saying "I already DO that!" which is a great feeling.   The only problem that I had with the book is that it told me that I am organized.  I'm just lazy and need to clean up more.  I don't like that.  LOL.  I prefer to think that I'm just disorganized.  Maybe there a group for me...

I say 4/5 for this book.






I did not like this book at all.  I'm sure she meant well and it wasn't all bad.  I think I managed to glean 2-3 tips from it.  The problem I had with her approach is that she seemed to think that her readers were made of money and were able to run out and buy a ton of organizational products to make everything look perfect.  She did say that she has organized for the stars and since they make a hell of a lot more money than me - they can read this book instead.  I gave it 2/5 stars.










This book was ok. Learning to live more simply is something that I believe we all need to do.  I did find some good lessons in this book but I also found myself wanting more.  I think this book could be summed up as a "Living Simply 101" with a level 2 to come?  I say 3/5.










Just finished this one today.  I found that I couldn't put this one down.  I won't say that some parts weren't predictable because they were but it was still an easy and enjoyable read.  The vague storyline is that a boy and his Mom live alone. The Mom is somewhat reclusive.  Then something happens one weekend that changes everything.  I give it 4/5.  










My son reminded me that we finished this book last week.  I read to him some nights before bed.  Our copy is an old old copy that must have been dropped in ink at one time rendering the bottom corner of each page completely illegible.  It's a book that I read as a kid and my son chose it from a stack of books that I had brought out.

My son rates this one a 5/5 while I give it a 4/5.  Fun and very short chapters which is great for bedtime reading with a 6 year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment