Tuesday

Method 1: Day 9

I've been busy at work so let's catch up....

By Sunday night through various means I only had 2 fingernails left and I managed to remove them. I tried in vain to remove the remaining glue from my fingernails but some of the glue stubbornly remained - deciding to wait it out until it grows off.  LOL

I marvelled at the 1 millimetre that my real nails had grown during their week in hiding and snarled at their roughness. 

Sunday night my husband and I sat down to watch "The Stepfather".  Let me prefice that to say that the movie was terrible.  Really really horrible.  2 thumbs down.  I wasn't expecting much but the movie failed to rise even to my low expectations.  During the whole 15 minutes of suspense in the movie, I chewed my nails.  I chewed them like a thirsty desert dweller drinks water - deprived of the pleasure for so long.  Sigh.

I soon realized what I was doing and stopped.  I managed to notice after only 2.5 fingernails had met their demise.  Strike 1 for this method.

Fast forward to yesterday when I managed to nibble off another couple of nails while stressing about nothing in particular.

Then on the drive home today - I was picking!!!   Not strike 3.  Not yet.

In spite of these mishaps, I am chewing less.  I am paying more attention to what I'm doing.  I am becoming more aware.  The jury is still out on this one...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment