Monday

Method 3 - Day 2

1. artificial nails for while. - FAIL

2. have teeth removed - FAIL
3. wear gloves/think about gross things - IN PROGRESS
4. chewing gum
5. paint the nails
6. blog about your nails every day
7. hypotherapy
8. nail clipper often
9. hypnotherapy
10. get a petri dish and culture under your nails
11. stop 2 nails at a time every 2 weeks
12. get a manicure first
13. have a competition with your DH (admittedly this is DH's suggestion as he would like to quit too)
14. incentive prize for nails - $ per finger for scrapbook stuff
15. bandaids or thumb feeet at education station
16. Google a new method.
17. nail poison
 
Ok, so I spent a little quality time researching under fingernails.
 
Did you know that artificial nails are dirtier than any other type of fingernail?  I was thinking about that when I had the nails on...there was just so much space under there - I could imagine what sorts of creepy things could grow there.  Did you know that people who chew their nails have very clean nails?  First, there is very little room under there for anything to hide.  On the downside, we nail biters are injesting anything that does manage to hide there.  Did you know that men's nails are dirtier than womens? Did you know the millions of creepy things can live under your nails?   I am not even going to mention them here.  The thought of germs really didn't phase me but when I started to read about eggs and things - I had to stop reading.
 
So temporarily thinking about gross things will work...and give my co-worker Mrs.Smith many laughs as I visibly shudder while recalling them.  Luckily I have a terrible memory and these things will likely fade away and leave me quite happily ignorant again.
 
I've noticed a couple duplicate about gross nail things in my list so I am going to condense the list.  I also removed petri dish nail cultures - I really don't have the resources to do that as interesting as it might be.  :)
 
In the meantime, I did bring my mini - gloves with me should the temptation become too much....

No comments:

Post a Comment